The R88 curve radius comes next to R72 when building train layouts with a distance of 8 studs between tracks. Wider trains can safely pass this way and there will be enough space for switch levers, signals, platforms etc. It also makes your layout look better organized and it will keep your layout within absolute geometry. This makes building railroads exciting and fun!
- It was designed taking into account all of the LEGO® geometric requirements which makes this part fully compatible with original LEGO® tracks and bricks.
- Smoother than standard curves, for faster speeds.
- Injection molded part - glossy finish, super high quality and durability
- To build a full circle you need 32 pieces.
- A circle has a diameter of 147,2 cm / 4.83 ft.
- Connects perfectly to Trixbrix and original tracks.
- Dark Bluish Gray color (same as orginal).
Detailed explanation of R88 radius
The R88 is the radius measured from the center of the circle to the centerline between the rails using the LEGO® stud as the unit. LEGO® stud is 8mm. The space needed to have the full R88 circle can be calculated as follows: (88 + 4) * 2 * 8mm = 1472mm = 1.47m. This measures the diameter (2 * radius) of the outer shape of the track - that's why we added 4 studs in the formula.
In general, the formula for calculating the outer diameter of the track circle is:
(R + 4) * 2 * 8mm